Cursos / 1º Ciclo / Faculty of Architecture and Arts :: Architecture ( Integrated Master)
CONCEPÇÃO ESTRUTURAL - 2018/2019
4º curricular year
Semestralidade: 1st semester
Leading Teacher: Prof. Doutor Francisco Fernandes
Assistant Professor: Prof. Doutor Francisco Fernandes
Class type and School hours
Teórico-prática : 4 Horas
The strutural design consists essentially of the structural definition and study of the set of structural elements which provide stability. Is related to the nature of buildings, architectural design, structural materials and construction process. Being a degree in architecture, intended to bring future designers to understand the connection between architectural design and project stability, essential for the quality of the final product, the building.
- Strutural design, insertion and identification of the structure in architectural design, considering different structural materials.
- Understanding the influence of structural elements in design of architectural projects.
- Quantification of the actions to be considered in the design of structural elements in buildings and its relation to parameters involved in the process, particularly with the distance between supports in slabs and beams, and the dimensions of the cross section in slabs, beams and columns.
Skills to be acquired
- Understand the behavior of the structural elements according to the materials and type of stresses to which they are subjected.
- Develop architectural design so that it is possible the insertion of structural elements that effectively guarantee the stability of buildings, without jeopardizing the quality of these projects and the spirit underlying its design.
Wishing to encourage the critical sense, the matters to be dealt will be covered, preferably using the projection of photographs of works in progress, followed by period of clarification, discussion and theoretical exposition of the matters referred. As the themes, it will be proposed resolution exercises.
Definitions, concepts and fundamental first principles.
Combination of structural (pillars, beams and flagstones) elements conception for, in her operation together, they support the actions regulate and they assure the appropriate rigidity.
Rules and symbology used in the elaboration of the structural plants.
Loads in structural elements.
Demands regulate. General criteria of verification of the safety. States limits. Classification of the actions. Quantification criteria and combination criteria of the action. Verification of the safety in relation to the states limits.
Construction materials. Materials used in construction works: concrete, steel, wood, masonry. Ductile materials and fragile materials. Tension – deformation diagram. Hooke Law. Mechanical properties.
First of measure the dimensions of elements structural (flagstones and beams).
In the ongoing evaluation shall be taken into account attendance at classes, the students´ performance in conducting the exercises weekly, practical work to develop over the semester and completion of two written tests.
The introduction of the matter is accomplished, with, or without, the support of projection equipment. They will be to the students´ disposition in Moodle@ULPorto 11-12 of the University Lusíada elements written regarding the matter teach in the theoretical classes as well as statements of exercises of application of the matter that will be accomplished or in the theoretical classes or in the practical classes.
|Title||Normas Portuguesas: NP EN 1990, NP EN 1991, NP EN|
|Editor||CEN - Comité Europeu de Normalização|
|Year||2009 e 2010|
|Author||TIMOSHENKO, Stephen P.|
|Title||Resistência dos Materiais (Volume I)|
|Editor||Livros Técnicos e Científicos Editora S.A.|
|Author||SILVA, V. Dias|
|Title||Mecânica e Resistência dos Materiais|
|Author||REIS, A. Correia|
|Author||BEER, Ferdinand P.; JR, E. Russell Johnston; DEWOL|
|Title||Mecânica dos Materiais|
|Editor||Mc Graw Hill|