Cursos / 1º Ciclo / Faculty of Architecture and Arts :: Architecture ( Integrated Master)
DESENHO DE COMUNICAÇÃO - 2018/2019
2º curricular year
Semestralidade: 2nd semester
Leading Teacher: Prof. Doutora Patrícia Diogo
Assistant Professor: Prof. Doutora Patrícia Diogo
Class type and School hours
Teórico-prática : 6 Horas
Following the Course of "Fundamentos do Desenho de Comunicação" and others referred to the design and graphical representation, the course consists on the improvement of the graphical representation and appreciation of ideas, developing different techniques and resources. It aims to provide the student the means to analyze, understand and represent the forms of the city, so the student can articulate the values of the processes and its essences.
Seeks to provide a valid method for the analysis of the values of forms, as well as a permanent dialogue between the form and the design, trying to understand the complexity of urban phenomena. The design is an essential and fundamental element to prioritize and synthesize the landscape with ability to display sets and join to the same image many elements, because the architecture is an inseparable part of the landscape and it is necessary to know it before the projectual phase.
Skills to be acquired
Acquire a methodology for the form analysis, in order to distinguish the values that articulates the projectal process and forms considering the elements of reality.
Grasping the possibilities of fast and expressive design of natural as well as travel notes. Start in the formation of proper habits and ideas favoring imagination and creativity.
The teaching methodology is based on two major groups: the research and design . Through research , buoyed and contextualized in lectures, leads the student to the understanding of Architectural production method of professionals recognized worldwide for his work and contribution to the scientific area in question. The drawing introduces the student in the field of observation, thought, production and architectural representation.
Through direct contact with the urban reality, the student must learn to draw and represent the city. In this aim will dedicate to the largest number of classes to be able to convey to students the progressive goals of the drawings and monitor their achievement.
Together the following theoretical contents are explained:
- Natural view, panoramic view. Presentation problems. formal control.
- Graphic techniques.
- Drawings and travel diaries
- The idea of architectural communication. The representation of the architectural ideas throughout history and today.
All these themes are complemented with graphic exercises taking as historical examples clásicos models and current and / or relevant architects.
Classes outside located on a route situated on the ground in the study of the Course of Architecture II.
Thus the analysis and urban representation to consider the following elements:
- Serial Vision. Images route through the streets and squares. Color, textures and materials;
- Panoramic view. The city understood as a set of various elements and the relationship between them, with the protagonist space. perspective problems in representation.
- Analysis and synthesis set. Origins, circulation network, view (in perspective), place forces, roads, place factors, architectural elements, ...
At the end of the semester, theoretical and practical topics will focus on the synthetic way of presenting the architectural ideas and the representation of architecture and the city in order to carry out a synthesis panel of developed ideas.
Assessment is continuous and is governed by the work done during term time for the Course . Monitoring, development and fulfillment of the various stages of evaluation of the exercises and the application of theoretical knowledge thereof, are coupled with the delivery of elements in the assessment.
- Computers with Internet access ;
- Specialized bibliography and available in media center and library UL ;
- Indication of fundamental texts for learning elements for the development of research and other relevant information deemed;
- Multimedia material ( documentaries , images, etc.); - Travel realization of study;
- Viewing movies.
|Title||Drawing for Landscape Architecture|
|Editor||Thames & Hudson|
|Author||HELLER, Steven; ANDERSON, Gail|
|Title||The Graphic Design|
|Editor||Laurence King Publishing Ltd.|
|Author||LUPTON, Ellen; PHILLIPS, Jennifer Cole|
|Title||Diseno Gráfico - Nuevos Fundamentos|
|Author||BAPTISTA, Luís Santiago|
|Title||Arquitectura em Concursos|