Cursos / 1º Ciclo / Faculty of Architecture and Arts :: Architecture ( Integrated Master)
INTRODUÇÃO À HISTÓRIA DA ARTE - 2018/2019
1º curricular year
Semestralidade: 1st semester
Leading Teacher: Prof. Doutora Maria Paula Peixoto
Assistant Professor: Prof. Doutora Maria Paula Peixoto
Class type and School hours
Teórica : 2 Horas
Start the student on the problem and methodology of history, art history and architecture, leading to the acquisition of conceptual tools and methodologies of reading, interpretation and integration of the artistic object.
To sensitize students to the importance of history in training and practice of the architect and the valence of the historical structures of a certain time in the definition of artistic paths that time.
Contribute directly to the immediate immersion of students in the subject area of architecture, addressing key issues in areas that today limit and inform the everyday thinking and practice of architecture and architects.
Skills to be acquired
Understand art and the artistic object as a testimony of each historical period;
Developing a critical aptitude towards the artistic object;
Use artistic information as a stimulus to professional creativity in architecture
Mobilize the knowledge gained to an active role that the architect should develop in the preservation and enhancement of artistic and cultural heritage.
Theoric explanation of program contents, based on power points presenting images of artistic objects and architecture, promoting debate between teacher and students.
To promote the learning of art-historical connections through the comparison and visual evidence, as well as its context, to inculcate in students the habit of analyzing and discussing about the art object.
1.Introduction to Art. The history of art as part of the historical sciences. The role of history of art.
1. Prehistoric art. From Palaeolithic to Iron Age.
2.Art in Eastern antiquity. Art in Mesopotamia and Egypt.
3. Art in Ancient Classical World: Greek Art and Roman Art
4. Medieval art. Early Medieval Art
5. Medieval art. Romanesque Style
6. Medieval art. Gothic Style
7. The art of humanism. The art of the palace and the bourgeoisie: the Renaissance and Mannerism.
8. Baroque and Rococó.
9. Art as a response: the Neoclassical.
10. Art in the early nineteenth century. The art and the revival eclecticisms: Romanticism
11. The Art of the nineteenth century. Realism and Naturalism. The Photography and its relationship with painting.
12. The art of a rapidly changing world. The art of the end of the century, and early nineteenth century. XX. Impressionism, Symbolism, Art Nouveau
13. The art of a century of upheavals and revolutions. The art in the first half of the twentieth century. Expressionism, Fauvism, Cubism, Futurism, Constructivism, Bauhaus, the Dadaímo, Surrealism.
14. The challenges in contemporary art.
Written evaluation, assiduity, oral participation, exam.
Giving a strong emphasis on visual evidence, the lectures will be accompanied by the projection of graphics and photographs and supplemented with videos.
|Author||DAVIES, Penelope J. E., et all|
|Title||A Nova História da Arte de Janson: a tradição Ocid|
|Editor||Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian|
|Author||GOMBRICH, E. H|
|Title||A História da Arte|
|Place||Rio de Janeiro|
|Title||Saber ver a arquitectura|
|Author||ARGAN, Giulio Carlo ; FAGIOLIO, Maurizio|
|Title||Guia da História da Arte|
|Title||A linguagem da arte|